Friends of Gems
A Proud Gem of Saint Lucia
Saint Lucians are known to be proud people. Proud of our culture. Proud of our heritage. Proud of our history. Sharing our island’s culture with our friends comes naturally to us. In the diaspora, many of us promote Saint Lucia to our colleagues and friends all the time – we naturally engage with people to the point where they all want to visit Saint Lucia. Pot lucks are common in Ottawa where offices hold lunches and food fairs which depicts food from the rich cultural heritage of teh people from Ottawa who come from all over the world.
Yesterday, April 29th, 2014, Percita Theodore, a former Senator of Saint Lucia, showcased Gems products and the marketing concept, “Marketing is everybody’s business” at a food fair at her workplace. This was an ideal opportunity to raise the consciousness of her market’s segment to the touristic attributes of Saint Lucia through the Gems concept. She did this by combining promotional material, a Saint Lucian dish and her warm and friendly personality as a Gem of Saint Lucia. This combination attracted interest by others to be freinds of Gems and to choose Saint Lucia as a destination of choice.
Being a friend of Gems is easy. It is fun. Together we are raising awareness of beautiful Saint Lucia to our global network of friends and friends of Saint Lucia. As a result of the Gems concept and processes, we are able to track our visitors and also build an intimate, sustainable and long term relationship which will result in economic benefits to indigenous Saint Lucians. You too can become a friend of Gems.
BE A FRIEND OF GEMS!
It is fun. It is easy!
Together we are creating awareness and consciousness of people globally to make Saint Lucia a destination of choice.
A few tips on how to make this happen:
- Be part of a food fair or pot luck at your work place, school or church community. You can introduce main celebrations of Saint Lucia such as Independence Day, National Day etc.
- Contribute some cultural dishes from Saint Lucia. You can ask your friends to help you!
- Put up a signs with the name of each dish. You can even list out the ingredients.
- Set up a small display to showcase Saint Lucia and products from Saint Lucia.
- Dress in your national wear to make it more fun!
- Promote Gems of Saint Lucia by having Gems flyers at your table.
Let your co-workers and family and friends know that we can help them experience the richness of Saint Lucia's cultural and heritage sites.